Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Experiences from reader "H." in the path of Celibacy

Diet
a)I have completely given up eggs now and any protein supplements. I am using almonds which i soak up at night in water and eat in the morning.
b) I am also eating oatmeals and a lot of vegetables.
c) I will also try quinoa . I did not find it in walmart, seems like this is kept in health stores only.

About sleep

I have been trying to change my sleep pattern to sleep earlier and am still struggling. It takes me a while to sleep (like an hour ), but hopefully I will be able to overcome this soon. I also wash my legs with cold water before going to sleep, I find this to be very relaxing and also good defense against dreams.


Other

One more thing I have found is that if I am exercising self restraint in my senses but yet if I give in to some kind of procrastination- like delaying something which I need to do or being afraid of something, sooner or later I lose my seed. Over a long period of trial and error - I have come to firmly see this pattern emerge that brahmacharya is conservation of energy in all departments and moderation in all aspects. If I am exercising restraint in only the 1 aspect , sooner or later , the past cravings come out.
I have been able to exercise my restraint for a month regularly and after that it just hounds me. I am still determined. I have always wanted to be continent for a period of 100 days and feel that superb energy and bliss that so many people describe and am very hopeful that I can achieve it someday.

No comments: